Saturday, September 13, 2008

We Could Be Dancing/The Resisted/My Body Is A Cage

What do you want...what do you need... what would you like from me? we could be lovers asleep on the lawn... we could be dancing with no clothes on... we could be awkward... we could go slow... we could be laughing at the world all the things we secretly know... we could be nervous we could be fine... we could make love in the woods while the animals peer through the pine... your lips are familiar now your hips and your eyes... and the smell of your neck where my head often lies... I can hear music when there is none... each time we kiss, a new melody is fixed in my headand it runs and runs... give me your hands I'll keep them warm... I adore you so in your simplest form. My body is a cage... That keeps me from dancing with the one I love... But my mind holds the key... My body is a cage... That keeps me from dancing with the one I love... But my mind holds the key... I'm standing on the stage of fear and self-doubt it's a hollow place... But they'll clap anyways... My body is a cage that keeps me from dancing with the one I love... But my mind holds the key... Standing next to me... My mind holds the key... I'm living in an age that calls darkness light... Though my language is dead... Still the shapes fill my head... I'm living in a age... Who's name I don't know... Though the fear keeps me moving... Still my heart beats so slow... My body is a cage... That keeps me from dancing with the one I love... Though my mind holds the key... Standing next to me... My mind holds the key... My body is a cage... We take what were given... Just because you've forgotten... Doesn't mean your forgiven... I'm living in an age... Screams winding at night... And when I get to the doorway there's no one inside... I'm living in an age... They laugh and I'm dancin with the one I love... But my mind holds the key... Standing next to me... My mind holds the key... Set my spirit free... Set my spirit fre...e Set my body free... Set my body free... Set my spirit free... Set my body free...

No comments:

Photobucket

Blog Directory - Blogged